Judge Denies March Permit, Feb15 Protest Goes On

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Feb 11 13:16:46 PST 2003

When Rudy walled off City Hall Park, formerly a site of frequent protests, there was hardly a peep. And I used to think NYC was irrepressible. Doug

--------

Wall? What kind of wall? Concrete, brick, chain link? Maybe its time to `take back the park' as they used to say around here.

So, what is your estimate of the likely turn out in NYC this weekend? You're not seriously expecting the lack of a permit to stop it are you?

I am asking sincerely, since I have no idea what the realities are back there.

Chuck Grimes