Judge Denies March Permit, Feb15 Protest Goes On

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 11 13:57:41 PST 2003

Chuck Grimes wrote:

>Wall? What kind of wall? Concrete, brick, chain link? Maybe its time
>to `take back the park' as they used to say around here.

Concrete & cops.

>So, what is your estimate of the likely turn out in NYC this weekend?
>You're not seriously expecting the lack of a permit to stop it are
>you?

I think it's going to be big. All kinds of people - not just the usual suspects - say they're going. A friend was leafleting in Chelsea - a fairly upscale, though socially liberal, area of Manhattan - the other day, and he was stunned by the positive response. People came up to him and said "I'm so glad you're doing this."

Doug