Arms inspectors vote on BBC

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 11 14:12:21 PST 2003

Carl Remick wrote:

>I would simply cite the Washingon Post poll results I mentioned in
>my last post: Not only do a majority of Americans support starting
>a war that's not sanctioned by the UN, but a majority of those who
>oppose starting such a war are wavering and may ultimately favor
>such action. It's painful being on the same planet as these people,
>let alone the same nation.

But actual people one talks to aren't saying the same thing as the polls. Something odd is going on.

And besides, even if the war numbers are 60/40 in favor, 40% is a very large number. There are certainly a lot of appalling people across America, but there are also quite a few non-appalling people too. Why concede Bush's definition of the "real" America?

Doug