The Lerner Affair

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 11 21:26:41 PST 2003

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Lerner flap? Let me get this straight. Lerner goes around bashing ANSWER publicly. ANSWER returns the favor by not inviting him to speak at their San Francisco rally Feb 16 (and Lerner himself says he never even *wanted* to speak). ANSWER then get depicted as totalitarian Kim Jong Il wanna-bes, with implied charges of anti-Semitism thrown in for good measure.

Lerner's weakness for anything that puts him in the spotlight isn't news. But the way this has become a rallying cry, including a letter demanding Lerner be allowed to speak signed by all sorts of lefty luminaries, is baffling. http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0211-09.htm -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030212/9da03586/attachment.htm>