AMERICA ORDERS 100,000 BODY BAGS - The Mirror

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Feb 11 22:04:18 PST 2003

At 01:51 PM 2/12/03 +0800, you wrote:

>I'm also wondering about the earlier "shock and awe" report. Everyone
>wrings their hands, then voila! the casualty numbers are "not so bad".
>Wasn't that what happened in Afghanistan? The slow bleeding once the
>explosions are over occur out of sight, out of mind.
>
>By the way, re that "shock and awe" report, the version I saw said 800
>cruise missiles in 48 hours. Anyone know what the stock of cruise missiles
>is? It's not like that stuff can be rolled off an assembly line just like
>that, is it?

yes, that's what happened last time. it had an even bigger impact: a kind of rambo-like avenging of our beleaguered *cough* military's Vietnam Syndrome--or whatever it was called.

when they use the term "cruise missile" it is extremely vague and refers to a bunch of different kinds of missiles.

Kelley

Opinions expressed are mine and mine alone. If my employer had an opinion on this, they'd hire someone else to deliver it.