AMERICA ORDERS 100,000 BODY BAGS - The Mirror

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Tue Feb 11 21:51:38 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:
>didn't they try this one last time and wasn't it bullshit?

Yes. And it's still bullshit.

And if it's not, then we are all up shit's creek -- because the only way you're going to have those kinds of American casualties would be if SH can indeed deliver some chem and bio bombs. And Bush has told the world what he will do if that happens -- and he cannot afford not to be taken seriously, so he will do it.

By the way, might all this not be the work of some spinmeister, a bit cleverer than Blair's? Scare the living daylights out of people, and reap the reward of a huge sigh of relief, or even "I told you so" when the war is over quickly with few or no American casualties -- aside from friendly fire? Meanwhile, can cut it both ways: it's a tough battle, support the troops.

I'm also wondering about the earlier "shock and awe" report. Everyone wrings their hands, then voila! the casualty numbers are "not so bad". Wasn't that what happened in Afghanistan? The slow bleeding once the explosions are over occur out of sight, out of mind.

By the way, re that "shock and awe" report, the version I saw said 800 cruise missiles in 48 hours. Anyone know what the stock of cruise missiles is? It's not like that stuff can be rolled off an assembly line just like that, is it?

kj khoo