Arms inspectors vote on BBC

Steven McGraw stmcgraw at vt.edu
Wed Feb 12 02:58:02 PST 2003

>Joanna:
>> For once, I agree with Dennis. At least, everything I have
>> heard, supports
>> his argument. For one thing, the knucke-dragging Amurricans
>> have little
>> doubt about who would wind up fighting in this war.
>>

>I have a different experience. Most of my co-workers are against the
>war. However, I see a lot of flags and god bless america stickers on
>pickup trucks. And there, is of course, the memory of being insulted
>and attacked by truck drivers and co

Who the hell is 'truck drivers and co?' I grew up riding around in dad's pickup truck, dammit. We needed it to haul shit around. Since you admit that there is plenty of support for the war among intellectuals, liberals and wealthy elites, why are you singling out the working class? What's the point?

>fo displaying anti-war stickers
>during the first Persian Guld war. I guess Vietnam war was not much
>different in that respect, as the anti-war protesters (a minority) were
>despised by the pro-war majority and beaten up by construction workers.

Again, why focus on construction workers? What do you accomplish?