The Lerner Affair

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 12 06:41:27 PST 2003

LouPaulsen wrote:

> > The point is to stop the war, not aggrandize ANSWER.
>
>The point is to stop the war, not split the movement.

Yup. I couldn't sign that statement because even though I thought Lerner should be allowed to speak - despite his annoying piety and self-promotion - but I though the organizers of that petition were really looking for a club to bash ANSWER with. I'm not a member of the ANSWER fan club by any means, but I thought this was the wrong fight to have at the wrong time.

Doug