Becker & Lerner on KPFA News

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Wed Feb 12 09:23:17 PST 2003

> > I have also been banned from Nightline and Saturday Night Live.
> >
> > Michael Perelman
>

> Those are private, not public, outlets. The comparison doesn't hold.
>
> DP

So, you are taking the position that the podium of every anti-war rally is the 'public square' and things should be conducted on the 'open mike' principle? It's not a novel position. The Spartacist League believes in this. They believe they have the right to make a denunciatory statement at every meeting which is open to the public, and if you cut them off they have exposed you as an enemy of 'free speech' and they write a Workers' Vanguard article about how you are afraid of debate.

LP