The Lerner Affair

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 12 20:33:39 PST 2003

Three quickies:

1) Relieved to hear Doug and Liza's position. I was disillusioned seeing my Nation compatriots signed on to a statement that was, as they note, largely about clubbing ANSWER, not about Lerner (except in Lerner's eyes).

2) I will bet my signed Willie Nelson poster that if the self-absorbed Rabbi Lerner ever called a march as successful as the ones organized by ANSWER, he wouldn't invite -- i.e., he would "ban" -- radical Palestinians who question Israel's right to exist, who endorse armed resistance against Israel's occuption, or various other positions Lerner finds unpalatable. (Read how he first invited, and then "banned" a writer from submitting a piece on the Palestinian right to return in his magazine Tikkun http://www.al-awda.org/ror_tikkun_debate.htm).

3) Yes, let's get back to fighting the war. Biggest march ever in Raleigh, NC, planned for this weekend. ANSWER nowhere in sight :)

Chris Kromm Director, Institute for Southern Studies

Join Thousands for the Historic MARCH ON RALEIGH -- FEB. 15 World Says No To War www.unitedforpeace.org -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030212/8cdbbc5a/attachment.htm>