Noam signs on

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Feb 13 09:36:29 PST 2003

> Still, I think he was at least incautious in the Faurisson case. Yes,
> he took it to be an issue of free speech. No, I don't believe someone
> has the right to go around spreading lies. And Faurisson was/is a
> liar, isn't he? Would you or anyone here defend me if I were to
> insist it was free speech for me to go around talking about the
> Protocols as if it were fact?
>
> kj khoo

Chomsky was doubtless incautious to allow Serge Thion to publish his defense as a "preface" to Faurisson's book. But that's the only misstep I can see. And, yes, if you were being threatened by the state with jail time for "falsifying history" -- i.e. spreading lies -- I most certainly would defend you, as, I hope, most here would.

DP