Noam signs on

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 13 10:00:23 PST 2003

I rather like Cockburn's take, quoted on this list, on the Lerner kerfuffle, but in regard to "the right to go around spreading lies," Chomsky surely has it right: "... it is elementary that freedom of expression (including academic freedom) is not to be restricted to views of which one approves, and that it is precisely in the case of views that are almost universally despised and condemned that this right must be most vigorously defended." --CGE