Slick Willie still slickest

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 09:36:59 PST 2003

[From Katie Couric's interview with Bill Clinton yesterday on the Today show:]

Couric: “In this month’s edition of The Atlantic Monthly, James Fallows writes, ‘Clinton had the worst beginning of an ex-Presidency since Richard Nixon flew to San Clemente in 1974.’ Certainly you did ignite a firestorm of criticism, with your pardon of Mark Rich. Had you the opportunity to do it over again, would you have pardoned him?”

Former President Bill Clinton: “No. I would have waited and let President Bush do it. Because Vice President Cheney’s a — chief of staff was his main lawyer. And there would have been no media firestorm, and he wouldn’t be being investigated. That only happened to us. There’s a double standard there. ...”

[Man-of-the-People Clinton also emitted this howler:]

Katie Couric: “When it comes to adjusting the so-called regular life, what’s the biggest bummer? Flying commercial?”

Former President Bill Clinton: “No. Actually, believe it or not, I like it. I like flying commercial. ...”

<http://www.msnbc.com/news/871318.asp?0cl=c2&cp1=1#BODY>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail