Arms inspectors vote on BBC

Steven McGraw stmcgraw at vt.edu
Thu Feb 13 10:09:49 PST 2003

>W has dredged up the old stereotype of right wing blue color workers,
invoking the NY construction trades'
>attack on Vietnam war protestors in 1969. This was an ana,lous incident.
As W ought to know, working class/blue >collar America turned against the Vietnam war earlier and more decisively than the "liberal" elite -- after Tet >in '68, well before the elite organs switched after Cambodia and Kent & Jackson State in 1970. And of course
>this was because it was working class folks who were being killed in
Vietnam. The NY construction trades were
>anomalous. jks

Howard Zinn has a good chapter on this in the _People's History_, which I guess everybody has read. Once again, there's usually no correlation between ones level of education and privilege on the one hand and support for the war of the moment, and when there is one it's a positive correlation because of who does most of the bleeding.

And I do bleeve that's my limit for today.