WSJ...Oreilly Factor Next?

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 15:14:59 PST 2003

What difference does it make if he goes on the Oreilly Factor? I really dont think many people considering participation in the anti-war movement watch that smart-ass, unless they are in the mood to hiss at the screen.

Anyway, if I were the organizers, I would do as you suggest and give him the five minutes...that will take the air out of his tires. No, even give him the 15 and then tell the crowd that two speakers were taken off the bill for him. That should make him look good.

You can take Lou's suggestion and "not give in" and it turns into a tug of war in which each side just tries to drag the other, or you can just let go of the rope and let the other side fall on their ass. Giving him the time to speak would achieve this latter and would be much more effective and elegant solution to this problem. It's judo.

Anyway, as you can see, even if I still object to the "anti-criticism" clause of the 4 SF groups, I have come away from this discussion with a repugnance for Lerner.

-Thomas --- steve philion <philion at hawaii.edu> wrote:
> Now Lerner is in prime position to go on the Oreilly
> Factor....A David Corn
> repeat in the making...
>
> steve

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"