dirty bomb alert a scam?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 08:29:25 PST 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
><http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/US/terror030213_falsealarm.html>
>In New York, police are out in force in the subways, at train stations and
>airports and at the bridge and tunnel crossings into the city with
>radiation detectors and gas masks. In a press conference this afternoon,
>Mayor Michael Bloomberg said 16,000 law enforcement officials trained to
>combat terrorism were deployed in the city. Air patrols have also returned
>to New York.
>
>"We are constantly changing what we're doing so no one can predict what
>instruments we'll be using and where we'll be going," Bloomberg said.

I'm sure Bloomberg's minions will be especially on guard against terrorists' lighting up cigarettes and exposing the public to the dread horror of secondhand smoke.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus