songs for the ten million [hopefully more :-)]

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Fri Feb 14 22:49:29 PST 2003

Ian Murray wrote:

> Pigs (Three Different Ones)
> Gilmour/Mason/Waters/Wright
> Pink Floyd Music 1977

Here's a rappin' ditty with a scorching guitar hook that came out circa 1991 at the time of Gulf War I and was a big club hit, but thanks to a resilient Saddam and a few hanging chads, could have been written yesterday. (Note the line, "Cause Iraq never called me "n-word"):

Artist: Paris Album: Sleeping With the Enemy, 1991 Title: Bush Killa (Hellraiser Mix)

"I understand that time is running out.."

[Paris] Now who is able to make war with the beast? It starts with P Trumpets sound when I push the program And set my sight on a serpent man Swinging the sword of the righteous Make devils drop and they just can't spite this Genocide and the minds of men make Brothers like me fill up with hate I smell a skunk in the air Cause your program still ain't fair So who you wanna blame for "The Hate That Hate Made?" When P let off and pigs get sprayed Y'all wanna kill off the black man But I know your master plan So we'll see who stop the black guerrilla.. P-Dog the Bush Killa

{*scratching*} Yeah, it's P-Dog the Bush Killa

[Paris] Yeah, tolerance is gettin thinner Cause Iraq never called me "n-word" So what I wanna go off and fight a war for? You best believe I got your draft card! So bad to hate somebody else But much worse to hate yourself Victim to the mentacide of the devil why must black folk be made to die? Keepin 'em on and on.. keepin ya on and on Now my brother down South said, "Fuck the Police" I'm sayin, "No Justice, No Peace" So I just stick 'em like that Cause everybody want to get the black, huh But we'll see who'll stop the black guerilla.. P-Dog the Bush Killa

"He's been shot!" "The president is dead" Yeah, it's P-Dog the Bush Killa {*scratching*} "Oh my God!" "That man shot the president"

"Nobody moves, just stay where you are" "Just hold it right there.."

[Paris] Yeah, so where's he at? I might wait for his motherfuckin ass on a rooftop next tour Buckin stone cause I'm known to play for keeps Lay low to the flow and keep it neat And send his ass home belly up Should've listened to the facts that the black's been tellin ya It's no suprise that a brother got wise Now rat-a-tat-tat, it's an eye for an eye

---

(Interview with Paris here:)

http://www.altrap.com/features/interviews/paris/paris.html