CNN says this movement is smaller than Pre-Gulf War 1!!!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Feb 15 00:13:42 PST 2003

steve philion wrote:
> Anyone just catch the CNN "report" on the anti-war movement? Aaron Brown's
> reporter claimed that this movement has hardly made itself felt, been slow
> to get itself off the ground, and is much smaller than the one on the eve of
> Gulf War 1 when there were 10's of thousands of protestors!! It was an
> outstanding piece of Big Lie work, absolutely outstanding.

They are completely full of shit. The current anti-war movements are much bigger than what existed back in 1990-91. Back then there were even counter-demonstrators.

This just underscores the importance of taking the movement to the television studios and newspaper newsrooms. If they think we are small and are slow to get going, perhaps a few studio occupations will change their minds. ;-)

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips