Fwd: Huntsville Rally

Lance Murdoch MurdochLance at netscape.net
Sun Feb 16 23:20:33 PST 2003

Thomas Seay said:
> Received this from a friend in Huntsville, Alabama.
> Proof that these demonstrations were going on all over
> the place today, not just in major metropolitan areas.
>
> -Thomas

Thanks. I can turn on the TV and hear the crowd estimate in NYC, but how things are playing in Peoria has to be dug for a little more.

I was curious about this topic a few months ago. You wouldn't think May Day, in the leftie sense, was a big holiday in the USA, but I got curious last year and scoured Indymedia, the web, Usenet etc. for where there had been May Day demonstrations, and put the links up here - http://www.geocities.com/progressivepix

I hadn't even known until scouring the net that there had been large protests (where police used pepper spray) in Tempe, AZ; that there was a May Day Parade in Houston, TX (actually they changed the picture location of that, it needs updating); as well as leftie rallies in Kentucky, Maryland, Utah, Louisiana and other places you might not expect to see May Day celebrated. And I'm sure there's some I missed.

__________________________________________________________________ The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now! http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp