450 women killed in Pak honour killings in 2002

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sun Feb 16 23:35:00 PST 2003

From: Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com>

Thanks, Ulrich. It's a good article. But like I said, I'm familiar with honor killings from the Middle East. (They take place inside Israel and occupied terroritories too, BTW.)

Michael --- They also are endemic to the Caucasus, which is one big reason why the situation in Chechnya is as bad as it. They are locked into an eternal cycle of tit-for-tat revenge killings. For some reason, blood feuds are only declared on other Caucasians, not on Russians or others.