Lerner (presumably) speaks out

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Feb 17 11:22:16 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> To the marginalization and irrelevance of ANSWER!
>

> Already a fait accompli, or at least well underway, no?

Yep, I think so. The weekend's protest showed the strength of organizing dissent in a way that isn't dominated by one group. It was also more fun and festive and angry than the boring shit that ANSWER organizes.

It's pretty clear that ANSWER has no strategy and is desperately trying to get to the front of the breakway march that is the movement of movements. They've called for another one of their boring protests, to be held in Washington on March 1. I'm not sure if they know about the big Code Pink demo the following week or if they plan to relocate their protest at the last minute to coincide with the Code Pink event. Given ANSWER's track record, I'm betting that their March 1 demo gets moved to March 8.

In any case, I'm getting really tired of writing about them. At this point it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips