Lerner presumably

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 12:30:00 PST 2003

--- Quenby Alclaire <flagrant_sake at yahoo.com> wrote:

> and just say repeating the numerous criticisms of
> Palestinian violence and
> Hussiens crimes or whatever only reinforces
> propaganda of the 'war on
> terrorism' and is counterproductive to the anti war
> movement, say exactly
> why and that Lerner wasn't nominated specifically
> for this reason.

Have to say it again...dont like Lerner but dont like these rules about who can speak and WHAT can be said.

However, I also dont like this "faith in the UN" that I saw floating around the San Francisco demonstration (and this list). I think it is counterproductive to the anti-war movement as well. Does that mean I think the voices of those people should be hushed: NO!

The most counterproductive thing that the anti-war movement could do would be to make people shut up or censor them for the "good" of the anti-war movement.

Of course, as ChuckO suggests, if we started to think in terms of "MOvements of the movement" in stead of ONE MONOLITH, then there could be no hegemenous party in the movement who decides what is "good" and what needs to be hushed.

-Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"