The thread previously known as 'Lerner presumably'

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Mon Feb 17 13:40:42 PST 2003

a msg on 2/17/03 from Thomas Seay contained -

>However, I also dont like this "faith in the UN" that
>I saw floating around the San Francisco demonstration
>(and this list). I think it is counterproductive to
>the anti-war movement as well. Does that mean I think
>the voices of those people should be hushed: NO!

Perhaps it isn't faith in the UN that people are expressing as much as faith in the democratic nature of the organization and it's appearance of relative incorruptibility.

As far as anti-war efforts are concerned I can't see how anyone could know what was going to be productive or counter-productive at this point. It's probably all cumulative.

Martin