The thread previously known as 'Lerner presumably'

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 20:36:31 PST 2003

John says: Nathan Newman signed the post in question as follows:
> Nathan Newman Vice President, NYC National Lawyers Guild Former
> National Vice President (Note my views do not reflect those of the
> NLG national leadership)

> This implies*, that while his views do not reflect those of the NLG
national leadership they _do_ reflect those of the NYC NLG leadership - expecially given that he had identified himself as "Nathan Newman Vice President, NYC National Lawyers Guild."

That's too many for me. I don't think I'd try that one on a judge, even a federal judge, John. As a piece of texual interpretation, it's too refined. I think Nathan signed with this ID to indicate his Guild bona fides, same as you mentioned yours.

I do wish people would have an attack of sanity and focus about this. We have real enemies here, and they do not include John Mage, Nathan Newman, the NYC chapter of the NLG, the NEC of the NLG, or ANSWER, which does fone work in organizing antiwar demos. John is not a fink, Nathan is not a cop. Everybody should just chill out.

jks, NLG member for 8 years, former Ohio State College of Law Guild Chairperson. My opinions are my own, thank you very much, and do not constitute legal advice either.