Boring Lefties

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 12:06:01 PST 2003

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:
> From a NYPress review of my old comrade Norman
> Solomon's new book:

This stereotype goes to show what New Yorkers know about the Midwest. Lawrence is an old abolitionist town, burned by Quantrill's raiders in the civil war -- they killed 150 some people -- and not only more radical than, say, Bensonhurst, it's probably more radical than the East Village. It's also pretty hip and very beautiful. The U of Kansas is located there. That's an institution of higher education. They grant degrees and everything. Lawrence may well have almost every radical _in_ Kansas, but it has a lot of them. Anyone know what the turnout for the demos was in Lawrence?

jks (of Chicago, a city in the Midwest. We have tall buildings and several stoplights)

some frustrated cubicle slave in Lawrence, KS, with a

fat wife and forty grand in credit card debt and a spare tire that makes

him sick with self-loathing every time he sees the cover of Men’s Health,

that he doesn’t want to bomb the shit out of somebody, anybody, at the

earliest conceivable opportunity,