Boring Lefties

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Feb 18 12:13:07 PST 2003

> This stereotype goes to show what New Yorkers know
> about the Midwest.
>
> jks (of Chicago, a city in the Midwest. We have tall
> buildings and several stoplights)

Not too defensive here, eh Justin?

I've lived in NYC, and now live in the Midwest (where I was born and raised), so I'm aware of the differences and the similarities. Are you saying that there aren't fat, disgruntled cubicle jockeys in Lawrence who support Bush's plan to attack Iraq? Ann Arbor's a largely peacenik burg, and I've come across several people who fit Taibbi's description. And, to be fair, I'm sure there are plenty more in Manhattan and that cow town you live in.

DP