Turkey and Saudi Arabia are both saying that no troops without UN authorization

soil ride solrde at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 15:17:51 PST 2003

My apocalyptic prediction:

If things-the current situation for the ruling circles is in such a decline-I can only predict as to what has happened in the past decades - such as other series of events that will catapult the US and its "allies" into war. Wherever there is imperialism, wherever property rights are concerned, wherever there is capital-there will always be talk of wars and rumors of wars-and of course war itself. The next step of the ruling circles, I fear, is the return to the drawing board in which the lie once again will be constructed-and this time nations and people will accept it as the truth, an event that will eradicate [or attempt to] dissent and criminalize dissent [just as what happened with 9/11] on almost every level. Something must happen, or something must give way and society itself is already demanding that the world must change in order for things to become better.

Sorry for rambling.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Newman" <nathanne at nathannewman.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 5:46 PM Subject: Turkey and Saudi Arabia are both saying that no troops without UN authorization

> Between the Blix report on Friday and the antiwar protests on Saturday,
the
> whole Bush house of cards seems to be collapsing. Turkey and Saudi Arabia
> both announced today that they would not be military staging grounds
without
> a new UN authorization for force, Canada just announced that it would not
> join in militarily without UN authorization, and allies like Spain and
Italy