'If we are anti-war...?'

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Feb 18 17:24:54 PST 2003

a msg on 2/18/03 from soil ride contained -

>Vietnam] however-the very dynamics of the movement must change. It is here
>that the "anti-war" stance comes into question. If we are anti-war what
>should we replace it with?

I like the UN Resolutions. Making resolutions that countries can be in violation of or compliance with is an activity that promotes debate and consensus.

If the resolutions are understood clearly, and they are publicized widely they could contribute to the development of concept of global goodwill that countries could use for self-promotion and a guide to self- improvement. I guess it's kind of childish, like those stick on gold stars, but countries can seem childish.

And as a catch phrase for a movement, what could be better than 'resolutionary war'.

Martin