let it be 93....

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 18 20:11:23 PST 2003

I am curious. Do you actually believe this? Or are you acting out of friendship with Hitchens? Because this fits perfectly with the type of bullshit that goes on Fox.

Sergio

---yeah, but thanks to peter k for passing it on, it is sweet to see us win yet another one over Hitch...his turkey shoot massacre has been put off for a few weeks and it's only gonna get hotter and hotter with each passing day in Iraq...speaking of which what is the average temperature in March in Bagdhad? On MSNBC, I think, there was a multiple choice teaser, 73, 83 , or 93 degrees....I forgot to wait for the answer...I was hoping for anything the answer was 93....let it be 93!!!!

Things are so bad that even today with a call in Talk of the Nation program with Michael Kazin as the 'left critic of the left'...the callers calling in did a great job basically keeping Kazin and host Neil Conan from being very effective at smearing the anti-war movement...the main theme that came in from one caller in Europe and then an immigrant who moved to the country 30 years ago and 'would defend this country if he were young enough' was that the media keep Americans from getting the same kind of info the Europeans get from their media....

Conan was clearly frustrated that the tenor of the show lost its initial focus on the faults of the left in the movement....

protestors 1 conan 0

steve