Boring Lefties

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Feb 19 08:10:25 PST 2003

> If I want sex and rap do I have to drive a snowmobile or snort smack with
> models in fur bikinis? (I suppose this is meant to be joyful, but it sure
is
> condescending.)

> Dennis, you sure this is something you want to sign up to?
>
> Catherine

In my younger, single days, I partied with models and assorted actresses (waitresses by night), and while it was fun, it was empty -- models are especially dense. The lack of decent talk sent me running to the left, where I thought I'd be able to discuss weightier matters, and for the most part did. But most of the lefties I partied with weren't into dancing, yelling drunk at the city night sky, sports, pop culture, etc. And to the degree they'd discuss it, it was usually in dismissive, analytical terms. Now, of course, there were a handful who did appreciate the trashier aspects of our existence; but most spoke as if they were being watched or judged by someone they hoped to impress, trying to one-up you on some obscure political point.

Boring.

So, Catherine, I'm not looking to sign up to anything -- my wife and kids are enough for me. But it would be nice to see a left that dispensed with certain niceties and let it rip. You see this somewhat with young anarchists (those who are media-savvy, I mean, not the dull bark-chewers who eschew bathing, grooming, elements of common sense), but, on the whole, our tribe is a pious snoozefest.

DP