Boring Lefties

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 19 08:29:20 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> In my younger, single days, I partied with models and assorted actresses
> (waitresses by night), and while it was fun, it was empty -- models are
> especially dense. The lack of decent talk sent me running to the left, where
> I thought I'd be able to discuss weightier matters, and for the most part
> did. But most of the lefties I partied with weren't into dancing, yelling
> drunk at the city night sky, sports, pop culture, etc. And to the degree
> they'd discuss it, it was usually in dismissive, analytical terms. Now, of
> course, there were a handful who did appreciate the trashier aspects of our
> existence; but most spoke as if they were being watched or judged by someone
> they hoped to impress, trying to one-up you on some obscure political point.
>
> Boring.
>
> So, Catherine, I'm not looking to sign up to anything -- my wife and kids
> are enough for me. But it would be nice to see a left that dispensed with
> certain niceties and let it rip. You see this somewhat with young anarchists
> (those who are media-savvy, I mean, not the dull bark-chewers who eschew
> bathing, grooming, elements of common sense), but, on the whole, our tribe
> is a pious snoozefest.

Soooo, what's the deal with Mike Tyson's new tattoo? And am I crazy or does he have a tattoo of Chairman Mao on his right bicep?

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips