Vanishing Marxism

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Wed Feb 19 10:11:44 PST 2003

At 12:55 AM 02/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Physicists (rightly) respect
>the work of great physicists before them, but nobody talks
>about Newton or Einstein or Feinman having the last word the
>way these religious 'Marxists' do.

Nah. I used to be a science major and the most distateful part of class was the religious aspect . The only question you could really ask in class, as an undergraduate anyway was "I don't understand." Kuhn and Feyerabend have a good deal to say about the religiosity of "nromative" science.

And, yes, there are religious Marxists as there are religious everythings. There's no substitute for intelligence and the burning desire to see what is real versus the desire to be comprehended in what is safe.

Joanna