Fisk

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Wed Feb 19 12:02:55 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/18/2003 9:09:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, wkiernan at ij.net writes:

> I've never seen anything like it, there was more enthusiasm for invading
> Granada, for crying out loud. Everybody down here wants to know one
> thing: "where the Hell is Osama?" This despite a too-blatant pro-war
> advertising push coming down from the millionaire bastards who own the
> mass media that out-shouts anything I've seen back to the sixties. Even
> the biggest suckers aren't sporting "Attack Iraq!" bumper stickers on
> their pickup trucks.

I missed Vietnam by a couple of years, so I am asking those old enough to remember. The current view I am seeing in Fox, CNN etc. is one of open hostility to the marchers of this past weekend, saying things like that the marchers have blood on their hands and that they are helping Saddam kill Iraquis. Was the TV coverage of the Anti-Vietnam protest similar? Or is this unprecedented? Thanks.

Sergio -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030219/50a4ee8c/attachment.htm>