Nice dog on lonely ice floe

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 20 06:06:37 PST 2003

>From: Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org>
>
>British television this morning says that yesterday all the US networks
>switched to the drama of a plucky dog alone on an ice flow drifting
>helplessly down river.
>
>Sounds like projection and displacement anxiety to me.
>
>Do people in the US really want to go to war alone?
>
>Chris Burford
>
>London

Oddly enough, I saw a video clip about this rescue on a *French* national news show, "Le Journal," that's broadcast in the US with English captions. Maybe this affords at least one point of agreement to rebuild relations between the US and France -- love of dogs.

Btw, here's local coverage: http://www.news12.com/NewCDA/articles/article_detail/0,5942,&rid%3D12&region%3DNJ&tab%3Dtopstories&id%3D53086,00.html#

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail