Nice dog on lonely ice floe

kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Thu Feb 20 06:27:21 PST 2003

>>From: Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org>
>>
>>British television this morning says that yesterday all the US networks
>>switched to the drama of a plucky dog alone on an ice flow drifting
>>helplessly down river.
>>
>>Sounds like projection and displacement anxiety to me.

they broadcast this in the middle of Tom Whatshisface's crap about being ready for the massive terrism (not a typho) that's going to rain down on us once we get our war on! Tom Whosit's press conference was booooooooooooring. And these guys know that most people don't buy this crap. They've overplayed the Terrist Threat card. I mean, even conservatives aren't playing this card and are making fun of it.

I _can_ imagine that, if anything, they were probably celebrating the heroism of rescue workers--like the firemen and cops at 9-11.