right of return

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Thu Feb 20 09:41:55 PST 2003

At 09:48 PM 02/19/2003 -0500, Max wrote:
>Now a right of return equals denial of a Jewish state. Let's
>be real. There are arguments for such a position. Noam Chomsky
>had it once, but he discarded it eons ago. Such a position has
>NO PLACE in the platform of a broad anti-war coalition. It has
>no place not because of its jewish constituency, but because of
>its broader American liberal constituency. If you want to stop
>the war, you don't embed such a gratuitous position in your platform.
>It is not inherently racist. It is context that determines racism or
>its lack.

So, it's perfectly fine to eliminate 75% of the Palestinian population (1948), and it's perfectly fine for every Jew in the world to have the right to "return" to Palestine, but the inhabitants of Palestine can go fuck themselves because otherwise they are denying the jews their state? A state won on the coattails of the British empire and maintained through support of the U.S. empire? Self-determination my ass!

Who decided that the right of jews to their own state is the highest moral imperative?

Joanna