Bina on Iraq

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 10:44:57 PST 2003

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
> The long and short of it is that it's not hard to
> see
> what is going on. The motives are power, oil, and
> bases, not necessarily in that order. You don't need
> to be an economist to figure this one.

Well, yes, but cant just about every motive in contemporary politics be reduced to one of those categories: power, resources (oil) and miltary? I am looking for something a bit more nuanced than that and,in particular, I am trying to understand the primary motive of the United States (not to exclude secondory motives from the equation) and the motives of France, Germany and other players vis a' vis the Iraq. At least for me that is "hard to see". I have my prejudices about what they might be, but I realize that the situation demands that I go beyond those prejudices.

-Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"