Bina on Iraq

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 11:55:32 PST 2003

> If North Korea or Lituania would've done, I don't
> see how one can assert
> that oil is the primary consideration.
>
> -- Luke

But they didn't do, it was Iraq. And while NK might have done to show who's boss, the fact that they picked Iraq when NK might have done better, if, for example, they wanted to get rid if a bad guiy who was actually a potential military threat, shows that there are other forces at play. Oil, for example. But note that I approached the idea of choosing one factor as dominant with considerable diffidence. That was Thos' question, not mine. I have a three factor analysis. I stand by it so far, and still think that of the three factors, oil is the most central. I doubt that we'd be here today without the other two, though. jks