Ramsey Clark & the right to counsel

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Thu Feb 20 11:58:53 PST 2003

Henwood:

> but this gang has
> oceans of blood on their hands. He didn't have to take the case - he
> chose to.
>
> Yes, of course they deserve a trial. [..]

Just so we are all on the same page, so far as this article says, RC is not the lawyer for Rwandan government or political officials, or a 'gang', or all Hutus who killed Tutsis considered as a whole. He is the lawyer for this one clergyman, the elder Ntakirutimana, who was extradited from Texas. The article says that he was charged with driving other people around. I take it that you are convinced there is no question of fact about whether he did it, or his murderous intent, or whether he did it under duress?

lp