Ramsey Clark & the right to counsel

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Feb 20 13:33:48 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

>George W. Bush walks the streets a free man, and here we are churning up
the
>Web in hot pursuit of Ramsey Clark. Seems some sense of proportion and
>timeliness is in order here.

George Bush is not aspiring to leadership of the progressive movement. Ramsey and the IAC/ANSWER are.

Discussing the character merits of Bush is actually pretty irrelevant to anything we as progressives have immediate control or decision power over. Whether Ramsey is a trustworthy leader has immediate and current relevance to how we structure the antiwar movement and who shapes its message to the public.

-- Nathan Newman