Ramsey Clark & the right to counsel

Peter K. peterk.enteract at rcn.com
Thu Feb 20 17:52:16 PST 2003

>> I see a potential TV series in this -- "Ramsey Clark Defends." Each week,
>> Clark goes to bat for a mass murderer, genocidal tyrant or nationalist
>thug,
>> complete with historical dramatizations and plenty of courtroom fireworks.
>> And it need not be tied to present time. Clark could defend Hitler, Pol
>Pot,
>> Genghis Khan, Jefferson Davis, various Aztec kings (all played by actors,
>of
>> course), or, if it's a hit, brand new mega-villains could be created,
>> human/insect behemoths with a taste for white slavery, dino-robot-kingpins
>> overseeing the harvesting, slaughter and sale of illegal immigrants as dog
>> food, bloodthirsty child porn-producing centaurs who dabble in the
>> bio-weapons black market . . . and Ramsey Clark defends them all!
>>
>> "Yo'ah 'onah," Clark drawls, wiping his forehead with a hankerchief, "this
>> heah is a miscar'age a'justus!"
>>
>> DP
>
>Much better idea than, say, "Survivor."
>
>-- Luke

I'd watch the show if he defended Sharon in front of a Belgian court. Then they'd have that one-on-one with the camera bit where Ramsey would confide to viewing audience that if Sharon was successfully prosecusted, well, they might go after Kim Jong Il or Castro or even Mugabe.

You have to admit the Hutu genocidaires were pretty impressive by any standards: 800,000 in three months. And then the French made sure they were brought safely home.

Dennis, I thought everyone would remember you coined WWimP. It's so catchy.

Peter