Rice Protest Idea

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 21 11:30:29 PST 2003

kelley wrote:

>I think clogging up the post office and generating news is a not bad
>idea. As a woman in PR once told me, bad news is news.

A related maxim: there's no such thing as bad publicity. (Another variation: you don't read your publicity, you weigh it.) Sometime in 1980, I was sitting in a deli eating a pastrami sandwich, eavesdropping on a conversation between Lydia Lunch's manager and some unknown. The manager complained that the problem with Lydia was that she didn't know how to use bad publicity.

Doug