Rice Protest Idea

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Feb 22 08:49:55 PST 2003

Gar Lipow wrote:

> Kelley, who apparently know how to read pointed out (in response to
> another poster (who I suspect saw only your quotation rather than the
> whole post):

Blocking traffice or picketing or occypying a building or sabotaging the subway are all public acts, and if they interfere with friends or potential friends, their goal is clear and under present conditions legitimate. Such actions can be explained -- tied directly to the anti-war effort.

But in respect to causing trouble for workers _at_ work, out of the public view, my response remains,

FUCK ALL.

I may have some bias here. Jan worked for the post office for nearly 20 ears, was a shop steward for over 10 years and local president for 4 years. I know something about the conditions under which postal clerks work.

I think everyone who has approved of scaring postal clerks are ... well, I don't to have much to do with them.

Carrol