Rice Protest Idea

kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Sat Feb 22 07:34:47 PST 2003

At 11:17 PM 2/21/03 -0800, Gar Lipow wrote: Kelley wrote:

>>Tampa police showed up with a SWAT team in full gear, evacuated 17 homes,
>>and planted snipers in yards. They shouted at the occupant with a bull
>>horn trying to get him to come out.Problem was, he wasn't even home. This
>>went on for six hours before they figured it out.

Also, I left out one other important fact. The other problem was, this guy's cache of guns and (deactivated) grenades was perfectly legal! Even if there had been explosives, and there weren't, it is LEGAL to possess some classes of explosives in floreeeeduh! http://www.mp5.net/info/sbsconr.htm

this wasn't just an overreaction, but an overreaction to something that isn't even illegal!

Gar wrote:
>I will add to this that in the discussion of the Holland tunnel CD Carrol
>you took the opposite point of view - that actions which do not directly
>inconvenience a single a capitalist and greatly inconvenience the workers
>can be effective because of indirect affects.

ayup. although, to be fair, he argued about tactical uses of such inconveniences. how mailing rice in padded envelopes to the white house is anything more than possibly ineffectual from a radical marxist perspective is beyond me.

><...>
>If not , if you think you were justified, then I want you to put me in
>your bozo filter, as one of the people whose posts you don't read. Please
>do one or the other. I don't ever want to deal with you in this mode again.

We are having lots of fun in the Bozo Filter! If Carrol decides to let you in, I'm throwing a pahtay!

Carrol has lots of interesting things to say, Gar, so I'm glad you've decided not to filter him.

kelley