Rove and Wolfowitz's role

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 23 10:29:58 PST 2003

Chris Burford wrote:

>>Two men driving Bush into war
>>
>>Ed Vulliamy in New York profiles the religious figures behind a
>>'Texanised presidency' who believe war will mean America is
>>respected in the Islamic world
>

>Ed Vulliamy is an excellent investigative journalist on the Guardian
>and Observer newsgroup.
>
>I am copying the URL of this Observer article to LBO-talk because
>although a lot will be known in the US, it is possible that with US
>newsmedia, this information may not be brought together in quite
>this way before. Perhaps satirically but not so authoritatively and
>systematically?
>
>http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,901066,00.html

Much of this is known here, but it is good to have it in one place. And I think it's a useful counter to the FROP/overaccumulation explanations of the anti-Iraq campaign, since it shows the bellicosity emerging from a specific and relatively narrow set of ideological and even electoral interests, and not the guts of capital.

Doug