It's Colonialism, Stupid

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Mon Feb 24 09:31:52 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Mayer" <bradley.mayer at sun.com>

> Was: Re: Put an End to "Anti-Americanism" Re: Michael Hardt
>
> Holy cow, are we really supposed to talk and think like this? The
poststructrualist disease, right? Which boils down to, 'It's all too complex!', LOL. In any case,
> it doesn't matter what N & H, Murray et al, say anyway, because
'univocality' is clearly manifest!

> Never has a theoretical work been so quickly consigned to the dustbin as
has 'Empire'.

Anger management anyone?

"Quick comrades gather round. The shadows on our great Lenin's cave, the pathetic ephemera of pluralism, pragmatism, polysemy, paradox, postmodernism [fuck all!], post-phallocentric political economy, popular struggles yaddah yaddah are objectively threatening our vanguard forms of militant monosemia, monopoly, monism and metanarrative disdain for the multitude [boy they need a bath don't they?] We cannot afford to lapse into objective irrelevance; let us strive for ever greater oneness with Iskra!"

The modern/postmodern binary is so 20th century [thank you Sheila Dow!]. Sectarianism ain't sexy anymore so let's just struggle to stop this possible war together and save the fetishized confrontationalisms for dealing with the life-haters running the imperial death machine.

"You cannot argue a man into liking a glass of beer." [Oliver Wendell Holmes]

Ian