Lenin on Imperialism

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 24 12:46:13 PST 2003

>Ian Murray wrote:
> > Evil is a bad thing.
>
>You are arguing that the U.S. state, given present social relations
>of production, can make a deliberate choice to foreswear
>inteventions (financial, military, diplomatic) in the internal
>affairs of other parts of the world? That this government can choose
>to forbid u.s. companies to extract profit from foreign investment.
>(I am assuming that a major aspect of imperialism is the maintenance
>of discipline over the domestic work force.)
>
>Evil nas nothing to do with it.
>
>Do you really believe that the foreign policy of the United States
>from the foundation of the United Fruit Companay and Standard Oil to
>the present has simply been a political choice made by the parties
>in power?
>
>It seems to me that you are operating on the premise that evil is
>bad (that is, that evil can be eliminated simply by the evil ceasing
>to be evil).
>
>I seriously disbelieve in the existence of any metaphysical evil or good.
>
>Carrol

***** [Some (well-meaning) fun in kapitalist plunder-mode:]

Ballet Russe (Charles Bernstein plundering Nijinsky's Diary)

Every person has feeling.

It is all the same.

I will travel.

I love nature.

I love motion & dancing.

I did not understand God.

I have made mistakes.

Bad deeds are terrible.

I suffered.

My wife is frightened.

The stock exchange is death.

I am against all drugs.

My scalp is strong & hard.

I like it when it is necessary.

It is a lovely drive.

A branch is not a root.

Handwriting is a lovely thing.

I like tsars & aristocrats.

An aeroplane is useful.

One should permanently help the poor.

My wife wants me to go to Zurich.

Politics are death.

All young men do silly things.

The Spaniards are terrible people because they murder bulls.

My wife suffered a great deal because of her mother.

I will tell the whole truth.

I love Russia.

I am nasty.

I am terrified of being locked up & losing my work.

Mental agony is a terrible thing.

I pretend to be a very nervous man.

[end]

Alec Ramsdell (1971-2002), Fri Aug 23 2002 - 11:16:19 EDT, <http://squawk.ca/lbo-talk/0208/1726.html> ***** -- Yoshie