poor white Republicans (Cormac McCarthy)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 11:27:35 PST 2003

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:
>the question that I
> ask is what turns
> people who live a relatively safe and prosperous
> lives, who experienced
> no harm either directly or indirectly into
> warmongers.

My suggestion, sincerely meant, is that rather than read this or that sociological discussion of the matter, read Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian". The language is going to be a challenge for anyone who is not a native-speaker (of American-English) but is worth the struggle in my opinion.

-Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"