Jude Wanniski: War Is Off

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 26 09:54:42 PST 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:

>Let me rephrase that: is he one of the authors of
>"supply side" economics as he claims? He has a bunch
>of interesting looking articles on his website.
>
>-Thomas
>--- Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Who is this guy Jude Wanniski?

Yup, that's Jude. He worked along with Robert Bartley on the WSJ edit page during the 1970s, where they jointly developed SSE. He's a quirky fellow (unlike Bartley, who's a dull, humorless ideologue). He comes from a family of radicals and union organizers, and still professes a fondness for Marx (who he claims would be a supply-sider today, because of its revolutionary implications). He's also anti-imperialist and anti-sanctions (even for Cuba). He's odd but rather interesting. But he can hardly talk for five minutes without bringing up the need to return to the gold standard.

Doug