Shock And Yawn

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 26 10:41:28 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> > I don't know where you get this stuff, Dennis.
>>
>> Seth
>
>Chomsky:
>
>"Well we could easily go on..but all of that..first of all indicates to us
>what's happening. Looks like what's happening is some sort of silent
>genocide.

We know now that that didn't happen. But right before the war, aid officials from NGOs and the UN all said the risk was very high - and the U.S. didn't care. Thank god it didn't happen, but the point remains that the U.S. started bombing despite credible warnings that millions could starve because they didn't really care.

Doug